Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It - I-Spy Jars and Word Work

If you read my blog,
you know that I love my two girls
and enjoy spending time with them.
 
Here are two pictures of us
celebrating on the 4th of July. 
Summer is so special because I really
have so much time with them.
Don't you just love that!

 
Well, it's Monday, and that means it is time for
 The first thing I made were I-Spy jars
for, you guessed it, our road trip.
Please pardon the pictures,
I'm not much of a photographer.
 
I started with two empty plastic
containers, a bag of rice and some small trinkets.
 
I alternated putting rice and trinkets into the containers.
 
I wanted my daughter to know what she was looking
for in each jar, so I made little cards.
 


The pictures are upside-down,
but I'm sure you get the idea!
The trinkets were put on a piece of paper
and then I took a picture.
I printed the pictures onto white paper
and cut the cards.
Then I put the cards into a baggie.
 
It's nothing fancy, but I just need it to
last for our trip.
 
This might be fun to use in the classroom with
spelling or vocabulary words.
You could place words in the containers that follow
a certain spelling pattern and those that don't.
The kids would have a recording sheet
to list the words they find -
pattern words and non-pattern words.
 
Math equations could be put in the containers.
Have some correct equations and some incorrect.
Again, give the kids a recording sheet
to share what they find.
 
How else could we use these?
 
My second creation was...

These are word lists and activities
that I use with my own third graders,
but could be used in second or fourth also.
There are three different word lists.
All three packs have
2 skill sheets to use with the word lists,
a word sort and
and two additional activities.
Many of the activities have two versions,
on-level and above level words.
 
 Each of the products below are sold separately
or you can buy the whole bundle.
Also, they are 20% off through Wednesday!
 

 
What have you been working on lately?

1 comment:

  1. I *love* the idea of the I-Spy bins! So many possibilities and so much fun :) Have a great week!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete