Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tried It Tuesday - Generate Your Own Newspaper Article (Website)

I did something today that I haven't done
in a VERY long time....
 
I came home with NO school work!
 
I recently read a FB post about what teachers
do so they don't burn themselves out.
One teacher mentioned that at least once a week
she doesn't bring any work home.
 
It felt very weird, but I did it.
I'm hoping to get in a little bit of exercise
and maybe some laundry/cleaning.
 
I also have some time to blog
and today I'm linking up with
Fourth Grade Flipper for
 Today I created a fake newspaper article for my kids.
We are working on words that have the Long A sound.
So I gave the kids this article and
they had to circle the Long A words.
They thought it was so funny to see
my name on the title and their names in the article.

The website is great!
You type in the newspaper name, date and title of the article.
Then you write up your story and
it comes out as a picture that looks like the one above.

Click on my example to take you to the website.

How else could you use this activity?

I just thought of one...
Choose a topic.
Write some real and fact facts about the topic.
Your kids need to sort the real from the fake facts.
Maybe they could use two different color markers
to show their answers.
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I can't wait to try it in my library. Thanks.
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to do that at least two days a week...no school work. I actually did that last weekend and it felt GREAT! I still have 27 things on my To-Do-List, but they are just going to have to wait. Love the newspaper idea. I think I pinned it at some point and still haven't used it with my kids. Maybe I will make it number 28 on my list. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do it with fact and opinion too! I wish there was a way to view the whole article, but from my trials I haven't seen that. I was hoping students could use it to publish their own nonfiction pieces.

    ReplyDelete