Friday, October 11, 2013

Five for Friday - My daughter is a liar and other random stuff!

It was a busy week,
but nothing compared to what is coming up...
Parent/Teacher Conferences!
 
Until then,
I'm here to share my Five for Friday.
1.  My 4 1/2 year old daughter is a liar.
All week she has been lying to our daycare provider.
She lied to me yesterday.
She again lied to our daycare provider today,
3 TIMES!
HELP!
Has anyone else had this experience
and what did you do?
 
2.  My 4 1/2 year old is working on riding her
bike without training wheels.
She is really trying hard
and I love watching her determination.
 
3.  Here is a link for a post
about some great ELA Common Core resources.
You'll find a few links to sample lessons, assessments
and even a classroom practice video series.
 
4.  We had our yearly lockdown drill at school this week.
I'm so glad.
I get so nervous about that drill.
 
5.  I learned the difference between persuasive writing
and opinion writing this week thanks to
a linky at Ideas By Jivey.
I know it's a big part of Common Core and
I'm going to start some opinion writing next week.
I can't wait now that I found
some really great and fun ideas.
 
How was your week?
Any plans for the 3-day weekend?


5 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you find something on blogs that is just what you need! It happens for me all the time - it makes the stalking well worth it!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the link for the ELA Common Core resources? Thanks.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to giggle about the lying. I think lying is a natural instinct that we have to curb. My 3 girls all went through the lying phase in their younger years. I just corrected them each time and talked briefly about telling the truth. She is obviously wanting some attention or wanting to fit in or something (not sure what the lies are about)... well, maybe not obviously...but that's my guess. I can say that my 14, 12, and 9 year old don't lie now...and they know the consequences if they get caught in a lie... they know they will have damaged the trust between us if they lie.
    Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete