Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Made It - Quiet Dice and Number of the Day

 
 
I can't believe I made it through today.
My youngest has her molars coming in.
She was asleep/awake last about every 15 minutes.
It wasn't until 2:30am when she finally fell sound asleep.
Tonight will be an early to bed night for me.
 
Just as I like it quiet when I sleep,
I also like it quiet during math rotations.
To help with this, I made some special
bowls just for the dice we use.
I had some plastic bowls and felt.
I traced circle on the felt.
Then I cut the circles and used the spray
adhesive to keep them in place.

It's nothing fancy, but it was cheap and they work.
 
Another product I made were
Number of the Day Activity Sheets.
I love using Number of the Day during math.
It's a great way to review skills.
My problem was not all the children were participating.
Also, it was taking us too long to complete all the skills.
 
So I created these 1/2 sheets with only 4 skills on a sheet.
On days when I have more time,
I copy them back to back for a total of 8 skills.
I also like having the sheets for any day
when a substitute is in my room.
Number of the Day is great for a sub
because the kids know the routine.
Having a sheet for the kids to record their answers
makes sure they are completing their work when I'm not there.
 
Click on the pictures above to check them out at my TpT store.
 
I hope your week is off to a great start. 
 
Be sure to head over to
Fourth Grade Frolics
to see all the great things other people have made.

4 comments:

  1. If it works that is all that matters. Great idea - thanks for sharing.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the easiest ideas are the best! Great idea for quiet dice!

    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Your quiet dice idea is awesome! I usually give the kids a sheet of foam but they are supposed to roll the dice into their soccer net (a cupped hand) but even then, the dice can go flying. This looks like a cool alternative!

    Stacy
    Second Grade Signpost

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dice drive me crazy. I make the kids roll it on the carpet. The bowls are a great idea too.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete