Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Flashback

It's Friday? 
I don't know if I can remember this week. 
It went by so fast.
 
 
One thing I can remember is that spring weather finally came our way.
We were lucky to have some days in the 70's and 80's.
Sunny, warm weather puts me in such a good mood.
 
 
To put the kids in a good mood,
I needed to come up with some fun activities for them.
So this week we started our superhero research project.
 
 
We started by brainstorming superheroes.
Each student was able to choose the one they liked best.
I reminded them to choose a hero that they didn't know very well.
We made a lapbook to help us organize and guide our research.
 
 
After researching for two days, we did some comparing.
The students partnered up and filled in a venn diagram comparing two superheroes.


 
We are currently working on our first persuasive writing of the year.
Why my superhero is the best?
 
Earlier in the year we worked a lot on having great beginnings.
I was so excited to see the kids remembered the lessons.
The beginnings they wrote were better than great!
 
Next week we will work on our endings and I know my kids will do great.
 
What are some persuasive writing activities you have done with your class?
Any ideas for teaching about exciting endings?

No comments:

Post a Comment