Friday, February 15, 2013

An Organized Desk

I LOVE organizing, being organized and helping others organize.  So this summer when I found the blog and website, Clutter-Free Classroom, I was super excited.  I discovered so many new classroom organization tips and theme ideas.  It was wonderful!

A few weeks ago, I received a blog update about the 2013 Clutter-Free Classroom Project.  I have received many comments from colleagues about the organization in my room, so I figured I wouldn't be participating in the project.  Then an email came on Monday about the newest challenge - organizing the teacher desk/work area.  I looked at my desk/computer area and this is what I saw:

messy desk
I didn't like all the files on my desk, many of the binders on the shelf I wasn't using on a regular basis and the bulletin board was getting crowded.  So I decided to take the challenge and make some changes.  The biggest move was I brought over some file cabinets that were on the other side of the room.  Then I moved all the files into the file cabinets.  I put away the binders I wasn't using and got rid of some papers on the bulletin board.  Here is what my desk looks like now:

clean desk
I feel so much better when I see this picture.  I make sure my desk looks like this every day before I leave school.  I only keep out the binders I really need every day and make sure papers get filed as soon as I am done with them.  What do you think?

If you are interested in this challenge or getting some awesome organizing tips and ideas, be sure to check out Clutter-Free Classroom.
Clutter-Free Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment