Monday, June 2, 2014

Diggin Into Next Year: Classroom Organization

I'm not on summer break yet, but I will be soon.  
That means more time for blogging!  
This summer I'm teaming up with Laura Graham from
and some other fabulous bloggers 
to share with you some tips and tricks 
we currently use in our classroom 
and others we want to change.   

Check out some of the topics we will be discussing in June. 

Organize my Classroom!

Here are some of my favorites:

DRAWS FOR EACH DAY OF THE WEEK
The drawers are labeled Monday - Friday
and the last one is for extra stuff.
I love being able to put things in the drawers
that I will need during the week.
It definitely keeps me organized.

SHOE BOXES FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES

I buy these for the class because not all sizes will fit into our desks.

CHECK OFF LIST FOR EACH ASSIGNMENT
Either you or the kids can check off the names as assignments are turned in.
I cut the lists into strips and place them with each assignment.


Yes, I already am starting my summer project list.  
My biggest mission is to redo my files.  
I'm bringing them all home, buying new folders and relabeling.  
I did this with my math last year and threw out a TON of papers. 
 I even nearly wrote each CC standard on each file.  
What's the problem?  
I don't know all the standards by heart.  
It shouldn't be too hard to relabel the folders.  

What are some of your organizational goals for the summer?

Be sure to head on over to Laura's blog
and check out some other organizational ideas

1 comment:

  1. I'm moving into third next year and I can't wait to read about your math workshops! I'm currently in first and we do math stations!

    ReplyDelete