Friday, January 24, 2014

Five For Friday - Weekend of Freebies!

I'm so exciting to be joining in the fun for
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/01/five-for-friday-linky-party-january-24th.html 

#1:
The weather here in the Chicago area is been really cold.
I hate it!  You will not here be ever complain in the summer.
But, I know this will happen!
Photo                                                                                                                                                             
#2:
Do you want some free products?
I'm participating in a Facebook Free For All!
 Click here to get started.
I'm offering my Homophone Task Cards for FREE!
After Monday night, they go back to being a priced item.
 
 
#3:
While you are there, pick up my Football Grammar Task Cards!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Football-Themed-Grammar-Task-Cards-FREEBIE-1040725

#4:
My district is starting to have us test all the kids
for their reading levels.  We are using Fountas and Pinnell,
but not the whole system.  I'm pretty excited to get this done.
Does your district level the kids?
When do you get it all done?
Do you like the system you use?

#5:
We haven't had a full week of school in January.
Week #1 - Two cold weather days
Week #2 - Teacher Work Day
Week #3 - MLK Day
Week #4 - ??? It should be a full week, but rumors are swirling because 
below 0 temps are predicted for Monday and Tuesday.
How has the schedule been at your school?

Here's to a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in IL too, and you will NEVER hear me complain about hot weather! I'm a hot weather girl! But I know what you mean....
    We use AimsWeb, Reading A-Z, Discovery Testing to level kids. We are getting rid of Discovery next year and using MAP (i think-if it's board approved). TOO much testing in my opinion. We also still use Terra Nova tests (supposedly getting rid of) AND ADDING quarter benchmarking. Did I say too much testing???
    We now have WEEKLY 30 minute data meetings. We discuss the data... hasn't changed anything I've been doing...yet.
    NOT looking forward to Monday and Tuesday!
    Carrie
    Anchored in 3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete